We aim to provide a caring, secure and stimulating environment where each child can thrive and has the opportunity to develop their full potential. Applications are accepted, and admission is granted, on a rolling basis throughout the year. However, parents are advised to apply as soon as possible as there is limited availability.
Admission decisions are made based on an assessment as to whether the child can benefit from BIST educational programmes in accordance with our admissions policy, and provided we have space. BIST does not discriminate on the basis of ethnicity, gender, religion, culture or citizenship. The school is inclusive and we encourage applications for children who are differently able. We welcome applications from students who will benefit from an international, English language education. Please read the complete BIST Admissions Policy for 2022-23.
For parents new to the British system, here is a useful guide that can help answer some of your questions over terminology.
Our friendly and professional Admissions team is here to support and guide you through the application process. A quick step-by-step guide to the process is below.
1. All parents must complete an admissions application form (and supply all relevant supporting documentation – listed on application form) for each child and submit it to school via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Along with the application, a non-refundable Admissions and Assessment Fee of $175 must also be paid. This can be paid electronically via a bank transfer.
2. At this stage, as per policy, an admissions appointment and admissions assessment would be arranged. During the school closure however, school reports and school recommendations sent via email will inform the admissions and placement decisions. A conversation over Skype may also be required.
3. Placement is offered by the Principal via an Acceptance Letter sent over email to parents. An invoice and relevant paperwork is also provided.
4. A place is guaranteed once all fees have been paid and relevant paperwork completed. Upon arrival in Tbilisi and reopening of the school, enrolled students will be assessed in order to keep track of their progress during the academic year.
5. The first day of school for the 2022-2023 academic year is 30th August, 2022.
Should you require any personal assistance with your application, or have any other questions about the school, please contact the Admissions Team by email – email@example.com.
Verification of age by passport or birth certificate is required for all students entering BIST. Year level placement is primarily determined by the student’s age at the start of each academic year (see the table below), together with reports from previous school(s). A confidential school report will be sought from the child’s previous school.